Android 9 Pie in Beta arrives on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 +: after having shown screenshots
From our first analysis, you can see immediately how Samsung has done a great job with the new interface, which allows you to significantly reduce the consumption of the battery when the phone is on standby . In 11 hours and 33 minutes, the Always On Display consumed just 2%.
Also the European Galaxy S9 and S9 + , so with SoC Exynos , have the chance to try the Android 9 Pie beta with One UI user interface , thanks to the activation of the beta test program in the German market . It was only a matter of hours before the new software release was made available for download even for those not part of the aforementioned program, including Italian users.
It is correct to underline that, although the installation procedure is quite simple, completing the following operations is recommended only to an expert public and aware of the risks deriving from the installation of software during development and installed using non-standard methods. official.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE BETA
- Download SamFirm ( download )
- Enter the model number (SMG960F for S9 or SMG965F for S9 +)
- Select cars and wait for the BRJ6 * firmware to be downloaded – it is based on Android Oreo, but is used to switch to Adroid Pie
- Start Odin ( download ), use HOME_CSC (not CSC_OMC, otherwise the data stored in the smartphone will be deleted), insert the other files in Odin and start the firmware installation
- After installing the BRJ6 firmware, download the new Pie firmware for S9 or S9 +
i. S9: G960F XXS2BRJ6 to ZRKA
ii. S9 +: G965F XXSBRJ6 to ZRKA
- Proceed with the installation of the Pie firmware through the recovery stock and sideload ADB or SD card.
Users interested in previewing the new software release of the Galaxy top range must keep in mind that, being a firmware originally available only for users registered in the beta test program, subsequent releases will likely be installed manually and can not be downloaded via OTA.
We will not fail to provide you with more details on the new firmware that we are already proceeding to download and install on our Galaxy S9 +.
- NOTE: if you have already installed the November patch with the j6 firmware, just install the new beta firmware.